Friday, May 20, 2011

A CHAT WITH HAKYM THE DREAM


HAKYM


 I remember when i met this young man, he was to perform at Dekule Fuji`s album launch 2 years ago. He sat next to me as he waited for the moment the Mc would announce him to the stage. All i remember was his calm demeanor and his hairdo. Oh! Hakym is a fine boy am sure some of you are wondering.

I was later introduced to him by his friend and partner Akin Bakare fondly known as AK ONE.

Finally i had my little chat with Hakym.
What`s your real name?
 Hakeem Segun Olatunji

When and where were you born?
I was born on the 20th of August 1985 was born in Nigeria Surulere Lagos State.

How would you describe your style?
My style is simply R n B

Who are your international role models?
 Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, Bob marley

What are the challenges of a producer turning artist in Nigeria?
 In my case i started as an artist pretty early with a group called dominance in 1995 then i begin to explore and discovered myself as a producer and a songwriter.

 What has been your achievements so far?
I have three singles to my credit 1st Olufunmilayo,2nd Plenty plenty ,3rd “Dey dere”, nominated 4 channel o awards in 2009 and Dynamix awards in 2010. I wrote and performed the theme song for dynamix awards. I performed the theme song for the ovation green carol alongside other stars like Mochedah, General Pype, Tiwa Savage, Waje, to mention a few. I also co-wrote and produced the theme song for the “Say no to crime” project and movie sound tracks such as Demilade a frontline production. I worked with several artist on my debut album such as      Eldee, Banky ,Jaywon, Wizkid .
I have produced for the likes of kel, Skales Nyanyan Chydima etc

Who is your female sex icon?
Hhhmmmmmm
Any secrets you want to share?
If i do then it won`t be a secret anymore lol. I love football, making films, music videos and TV programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment